Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Phew!

Well, it's been a busy five days or so - husband's wallet was found (left in the truck - so not my fault at all!)

Mustering & branding cattle.  Our own personal herd is coming along - we have 7 steers to sell the next time the truck goes.  It's not a lot, but it's a start, and we're keeping all the heifers at the moment.

We had a nice spot of rain that has cooled things down a bit - the temperature has dropped 20 deg in a day (from 40 deg to 20 deg).  So, very nice.

I'm home alone at the moment (except for the baby).  Hubby & No. 1 son have gone to take cattle to the feedlot & pick up supplies in the truck.  And my horses!  It might sound odd, but I have never really had a horse of my own before.  I inherited 2 ex-racehorses from my Dad, both of which are completely useless to me, one because he's dead (killed himself in the cattle yards) and the other because she thinks she's still a racehorse.  Not a good trait in a horse when she's over 20 years old and the last time I was jockey weight I was in primary school!

So, I splurged and spent the princely sum of $300 for a horse and $600 on a horse for my sons.  I am very excited about having a horse of my own, it's just one more piece of independence from the family.  Of course I have been invited to ride their horses, but I never feel comfortable doing so.  There is always the implied critisism and that they are doing me such a great favour. 

I was banned from using the MIL's horse because I called her a fat bitch (the horse not the MIL).  Apparently I hurt the horses feelings.  Suits me just fine, the horse IS a fat bitch and not worth my time.  I was doing them a favour by exercising her prior to a competition (the MIL doesn't ride - hasn't been on a horse in 20 years, just buys horses and lets you use them if it suits her).   Sounds like sour grapes I know.  But bluuu... don't care.

So, home alone, me & No. 2.  I was meant to go with Hubby and leave 1 & 2 with MIL, but she's sooo terribly ill she can't possibly look after my kids.  Now if my kids were little bastards I would understand, but my kids are exceptionally well behaved - sometimes weirdly so.  Hubby said it's just a coincidence, but it seems to me that every time I NEED help from the in-laws they are too sick, too busy, too wrapped up in themselves to give a shit about me & my kids. 

Phew!  Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment