Search This Blog

Monday 2 January 2012

New Year New Me

Wow.  This is it.  Starting my own blog.  My husband suggested that I needed a place to be able to vent, share, get on my high horse and mouth off - without upsetting anyone around me.  Where to do such a thing?  The internet of course!

So, here I am.  Sharing my life and my frustrations with the world.

Why the name 'Just a Wife' you might ask.  Before all you multitasking superwomen out there get your knickers in a knot - the title 'Just a Wife' is meant to be slightly sarcastic, a little tongue-in-cheek and hopefully will speak volumes to all the other women out there just like me.

See, I am in a pretty interesting situation.  Not unique by any means, but it might seem a little odd to many others out there.  I am the wife of an eldest son on a family owned and operated agricultural enterprise.  I live with my parents-in-law, in an isolated part of Australia over 1000km away from my family, more than 400km from the nearest supermarket and the closest person my age who I have anything in common with lives more than 3 hours drive away (on a dirt road).

Before I married, I had a job, hobbies, friends, my own house and I gave it all up for love.  I don't regret it for a moment - my husband is the best, most awesome man alive (better than Hugh Jackman, Brad Pitt & George Clooney all rolled into one!).  But sometimes it is really hard to go from being a real, live person to being Just a Wife.

So this blog is for the others out there like me.  Those who love their husbands and families but get a little crazy sometimes when their life takes turns that are hard to deal with.  Families are complex, dynamic and often unstable things (a bit like old explosives) and it can be hard to live with your in-laws day in and day out, removed from the 'real world' and often miles away from friends and family.

I will share my experiences with you and those of my friends (names & locations changed to protect privacy of course - because at the end of the day we still have to live with these people!).  Some will make you laugh, some will make you cry and some will make you shake your head and wonder why we just didn't pack our bags and go.  But this is my life, and for better or for worse, I chose it.  I just need to bitch about it sometimes!

Feel free to share or comment.  Pass this blog on to anyone who might benefit from it.  All those women out there who are just a wife unite! and share, learn, laugh and love with me as I share my life with you.

2 comments:

  1. I love the real issues of bush woman. The day to day crap of family business when the lines between pleasure and business are blurred

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family are spread across the country and I moved 800km from my life (city born and bred) to be the "DIL" in the bush. I wouldn't change it but it has its moments. Love your blog

    ReplyDelete